Lazise, Province of Verona, Veneto, Italy
Other Provinces of Veneto
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 76 m a.s.l
- Population: about 6,000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 37017
- Phone Area Code: 045
- Patron Saint: San Martino celebrated on 11 November
- Frazioni & Localities: Colà, Pacengo.
- The festival of Madonna della Neve in the frazione of Colà, lasting 4 days around August 5. It is an ancient peasant festival where local dishes are served, among them the filled roasted duck "Anara col pien"
- The Cuccagna del Cadenon, in August, a pole placed horizontally over the port which the contestants try to walk over.
Where to stay
During the 13th and 14th centuries Lazise was under the Scaligeri of Verona who built the rocca and the docks. In 1405 it was conquered by Gian Galeazzo Visconti, Lord of Milan, and soon after by the Republic of Venice. Under Napoleon it was included in the Cisalpina Republic, but the Congress of Vienna (1815) delivered the town to the Austrian dominion. Only in 1866, after the third war of independence Lazise was again Italian territory.