Montebelluna, Province of Treviso, Veneto, Italy
The town, situated at the foot of the Montello mountains, was since the 12th century AD a market place for trade between the provinces of Belluno and Treviso. Its inhabitants usually supplied Venice with timber.
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 109 m a.s.l
- Population: about 26000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 31044
- Phone Area Code: 0423
- Frazioni & Localities: Biadene, Busta, Caonada, Centro, Contea, Guarda Mercato Vecchio, San Gaetano.
On the top of the crest anciently called Casteler items of the Bronze Age were found. In the Middle Ages Montebelluna was under the rule of the lords of Treviso, and its castle was destroyed in 1509.
- First Sunday in September: the "Palio del Vecchio Mercato".
Where to stay
What to see
- Mercato Vecchio, on the place of the ancient Casteler, with the Colonna delle Ducali decorated with coat of arms and lions, with the inscriptions of the exemptions of the place from taxes.
- Museo dello Scarpone in Villa Zuccareda Binetti, a very special museum collecting the history of sports footwear.
- The Duomo Vecchio of Santa Maria in Colle (17th century), with fine paintings, the ceiling covered in frescoes by J.Guarana and a very elegant organ.
- Villa Pisani, hosting the Istituto Musicale Malipier, a place of concerts and theatrical performances.