Lugnano in Teverina, Province of Terni, Umbria
Situated in a hilly area included in the lower Tiber valley, along the border with Latium, Lugnano is mainly an agricultural center, with some small craftswork and industries.
Provinces of Umbria
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Population: about 1400 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 05020
- Phone Area Code: 0744
- Patron Saint: Santa Maria Assunta celebrated on 15 August
- Demonym: lugnanesi
- Useful Links: Surnames in Lugnano in Teverina
For its strategic position along the borders of ancient medieval states, the town was often disputed among bigger centers like Todi, Amelia and Orvieto. In the 15th century it came under the rule of the Church State, and in 1860 was included in the Kingdom of Italy.
What to see
- Church of Santa Maria Assunta (12th century)
- Palazzo Farnese-Ridolfi (16th century)
- Palazzo Bufalari (19th century).