Verbania, Province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Piedmont, Italy
The three large centers of Pallanza, Suna and Intra form the administrative comune of Verbania, a pleasant, elegant health resort on the shores of the Lake Major.
Going on you can visit Stresa and Arona or, on the opposite side, you can sail to nearby Switzerland to visit Brissago, Ascona or Locarno, 30 minutes by car away, where every year in August an "International Film Festival" takes place.
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 197 m a.s.l
- Surface area: 37,49 sq km
- Population: about 30,000 inhabitants in 2018
- Population Density: inhabitants per sq km
- Zip/postal code: 28921 (Antoliva, Intra, Zoverallo, Biganzolo); 28922 (Pallanza); 28923 (Possaccio, Trobaso, Unchio); 28924 (Bieno, Fondotoce); 28925 (Suna, Cavandone)
- Phone Area Code: 0323
- Patron Saint: San Vittore, celebrated on 8 May
- Frazioni & Localities: Antoliva, Biganzolo, Cavandone, Fondotoce, Intra, Pallanza, Possaccio, Suna, Torchiedo, Trobaso, Unchio, Zoverallo
- GPS Coordinates: 45°56'N 8°32'E
- Official website of the Comune of Verbania.
What to see
- Botanist and zoology gardens "Villa Taranto" and "Villa Pallavicino"
- period villas as "Villa San Remigio"
- the Romanesque church of "Madonna di Campagna"
- the "Basilica di San Vittore"
- small picturesque churches, as "Buon Rimedio" and "Novaglio".
- the famous "Borromee Isles": "Isola Bella" with its wonderful italian gardens, "Isola Madre" with its greatful botanist garden and "Isola Pescatori", the only one that is still inhabited.