Ronco Canavese, Province of Torino, Piedmont, Italy
This small commune is situated very high in the middle of the Soana Valley, along the left bank of the Soana stream, a tributary of the Orco River, in an area of dense pine forests, beech, larch trees, pine, spruce and fir trees.
The commune includes over 30 hamlets, and is a lively tourist area and starting point for itineraries into the Gran Paradiso National Park, among the earliest natural parks established in Italy.
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 956 m a.s.l
- Population: about 400 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10080
- Phone Area Code: 0124
- Patron Saint: St. Giusto, celebrated on the last Sunday in July .
What to see
- The Vallone di Guaria, which connects the Valle Soana with Ribordone and Orco valleys;
- The church of San Giusto, with an altarpiece depicting the Virgin Mary in Egypt;
- in the hamlet of Servino the "rascards": old barns, typical of the Aosta Valley, with the upper floor in wood and the lower in stone;
- in Tor, an interesting medieval fortress;
- The old forge of Ronco, which worked copper until the 1950s. The building is particularly impressive, and is currently undergoing renovation as an example of industrial archeology;
- The Vallone di Forzo, included in 1979 in the Gran Paradiso National Park, Within this valley side can be made simply walk at a time of pretty villages, with the climbing site of Torre Lavina (3308 mt), and the Ciardoney Glacier.
- during Carnival, parades with characters in folk costumes.