Monastero di Lanzo, Province of Torino, Piedmont, Italy
The small center rises on the western side of the green Val Tesso, and its name derives from an ancient Benedictine monastery established here by refugee monks from the Novalesa Abbey escaping from Saracens' raids.
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 825 m a.s.l
- Population: about 400 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10070
- Phone Area Code: 0123
- Patron Saint: Saint Anastasia, celebrated on the 3rd Sunday in November
- Frazioni & Localities: Chiaves, Cresto, Cà di Savi, Cà di Sciold, Fornelli, Marsaglia, Mecca, Menulla, Monastero di sotto, San Rocco, Sistina, Stabio
What to see
- In the borough of Chiaves, the very narrow alleys called chintane, rising up to the top of the settlement.
- The Romanesque belltower of the ancient monastery, built in the 12th century in pickaxed stonestone, which is a National Monument. Nazionale.