Exilles, Province of Torino, Piedmont, Italy
Exilles was inhabited since prehistoric times for its key strategic position along the Monginevro road, in the center of the Val di Susa, about 67 km from Turin.
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: m a.s.l -- Surface area: sq km
- Population: about 280 inhabitants
- Population Density: inhabitants per sq km
- Zip/postal code: 10050
- Phone Area Code: 0122
- Patron Saint: St Peter, celebrated on 29 June
- Frazioni & Localities: Deveyes, Morliere and San Colombano
- Official website of the Comune of Exilles.
What to see
- The Fort of Exilles, built originally in 1155 by the counts d'Albon, and totally destroyed by the Napoleonic army in 1796, was then reconstructed in the early 19th century according to contemporary military technology. In 1943 it ceased to be military headquarters and fell into decay until the 1970's, when the Museum was established. The Fort is a great example of military architecture and from its roof it is possible to get an astounding view of the whole surrounding upper Susa Valley
- Parish church of San Pietro Apostolo.