Ceresole Reale, Province of Torino, Piedmont, Italy
Bordering the Valle d'Aosta region, in the Gran Paradiso National Park, Ceresole rises near the banks of a long artificial lake formed by the Orco River. It is a wonderful summer tourist resort thanks to the high mountain air, and the important natural features of the park. The name Reale (= Royal) was added in 1862 by king of Italy Vittorio Emanuele II, as a reward for the hunting rights he had received from the villagers.
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 1620 m a.s.l -- Surface area: sq km
- Population: about 200 inhabitants
- Population Density: inhabitants per sq km
- Zip/postal code:
- Phone Area Code:
- Patron Saint:, celebrated on
- Frazioni & Localities:
- GPS Coordinates:
- Official website of the Comune of Ceresole Reale.
What to see
- Excursions to the mountain "refuge" of the Park and to the "colle del Nivolet" (m. 2610) along the ancient road connecting the Val d'Aosta, where it is possible to get an astounding view of the whole Gran Paradiso group.
- The Park Visitor's Center, with a permanent roebuck exhibition.