Bardonecchia, Province of Torino, Piedmont, Italy
The town is situated in the centre of Val Susa, 90 Km from Turin, and is a beautiful ski resort with a number of different ski areas (Campo Smith Colomion - Les Arnauds - Melezet - Jafferau - Pian del Colle - Valle Stretta) for total 140 Km of downhill tracks and 17 Km for crosscountry skiing. The town is divided into two parts called Borgo Vecchio and Borgo Nuovo.
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 1,312 m a.s.l
- Population: about 3000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 10052
- Phone Area Code: 0122
- Frazioni & Localities: Fregiusia, Les Arnaus, Melezet, Millaures, Rochemolles e Pian del Sole.
What to see
- The Civic museum, a nineteenth-century building, was an ancient center of the communal house, changed into a museum since 1953 with items of the ancient culture of the ancient mountain people such as furniture and everyday objects; there is also a small section of sacred art and religious antiquities.
- Museo Melezet
- The ancient Romanesque bell tower, attached to the parish Church of Sant'Ippolito
- The four sundials of Bardonecchia in Piazza Suspize, Via Herbarel, via Fiume and via Pasubio, vie del Borgo Vecchio.
- The Forte Bramafam, a military fortress started in 1874 and completed in 1899, with two towers for the cannons, divided into thr three sections called Piazza d'Armi, Forte principale and Avanforte, which today hosts a museum of Military Architecture.