LogoLogo

Agliè, Province of Torino, Piedmont, Italy

Province of Torino
The town rises on the site of Alladium, an ancient Roman town. For the last six hundred years it was under the control of the Savoy Dukedom.

Info

  • Altitude: m a.s.l -- Surface area: sq km
  • Population: about inhabitants
  • Population Density: inhabitants per sq km
  • Zip/postal code:
  • Phone Area Code:
  • Patron Saint:, celebrated on
  • Frazioni & Localities:
  • GPS Coordinates:

Useful Links

What to see

  • The Castello Ducale, originally a 12th-century fortress, was changed in the 17th century into a stately mansion by Filippo di Agliè on a design by Amedeo di Castellamonte. In the early 19th century it was a favorite summer resort for King Carlo Felice of Savoy. The castle consists of about 300 rooms, among them a magnificent dancing hall decorated with stuccos and a fresco cycle with scenes from the age of Arduino of Ivrea, king of Italy in the 11th century, painted in the 17 th century by G.P.Recchi. The castle is surrounded by wide green gardens in the English style, where it is possible to see a fine fountain representing the Dora Riparia flowing into the Po.
  • The parish church of San Massimo, designed by architect Ignazio Birago in 1775
  • The baroque church of Santa Marta, of the mid-18th century.

Where to Stay

Provinces of Piedmont