Sesto Campano, Province of Isernia, Molise
Provinces of Molise
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 325 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 2300 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86078
- Phone Area Code: 0865
- Patron Saint: SS. Cuore Immacolato di Maria
- Frazioni & Localities: Campopino, Roccapipirozzi, Selvotta, Cava, Masserie di Santo, Pontenuovo.
What to see
- The castle, situated in the center of the town, dominating the whole plain of Venafro.
- The borough of Roccapipirozzi on the border between Molise, Lazio and Campania, with a beautiful tower with merlons dominating the whole valley.
- In Roccapipirozzi, the medieval church of Santa Maria di Loreto, hosting a precious fresco of the 15th century, and rising on a crypt of the 7th century AD.
- On Monte San Nazzaro remains of an ancient abbey.
- Patron's Feast on the last Sunday in June.
The fertility of the plain and the abundance of waters favor intensive agriculture, orchards and maize. The construction of the Presenzano dam altered the morphology of the territory, and the ancient sulfur spring, greatly renowned in antiquity, is by now gone.