Sant'Angelo del Pesco, Province of Isernia, Molise
Sant'Angelo del Pesco had its origins as a "casale" of Pescopennataro and became an independent municipality only in 1816. A massive emigration took place in the early 20th century especially to Pennsylvania, and after WW2 mainly to Switzerland and France. In November 1943 was completely destroyed by the Germans.
Provinces of Molise
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 805 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 350 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Phone Area Code: 0865
- Patron Saint: San Michele Arcangelo
- Frazioni & Localities: Canala.
What to see
- The church of San Michele
- The church of Vergine del Carmelo.
- 15 August: feast of the Assunta at the sanctuary of Madonna del Carmine, with traditional procession.
- San Michele Arcangelo, celebrated on September 29
- December 24: The "n'docce", a huge bonfire made with wooden pieces tied together, to simbolically warm Child Jesus.