Roccasicura, Province of Isernia, Molise
The small town rises amid forests and an abundance of small streams and springs, forming typical small waterfalls especially in winter.
Provinces of Molise
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 864 m a.s.l
- Population: about 500 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Phone Area Code: 0865
- Patron Saint: San Leonardo, celebrated on November 6 and St. Antony of Padua, celebrated on 13 June.
In historical documents the name was originally Roccasicona. the feudal lords that ruled over this territory were the Collalto, Carafa and Evoli. In the 20th century there was a very large emigration, especially to the New York area, canada and Switzerland.
- August: Festival of "Pizzelle e Vino alla Ciotola".
What to see
- Parish church of San Leonardo
- The church of San Nicola
- Sanctuary of Madonna di Vallisbona, 3 km from the town, where an ancient painting is kept, found, according to the tradition, by a young sheperdess who saw the Virgin Mary; celebrations are held on the second Sunday in September.
- The Civic Tower
- The Palazzo Baronale.