Pescopennataro, Province of Isernia, Molise
The place was renowned in the centuries for its stonecarvers, who developed their trade thanks to the rich stone quarries in the territory.
Provinces of Molise
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 1168 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 260 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Phone Area Code: 0865
- Patron Saint: St. Luca.
What to see
- Parish Church of San Bartolomeo Apostolo
- Chapel and Hermitage of San Luca
- Picnic Area near the springs of the Rio Verde.
- January 17: Feast for Sant'Antonio, with a huge bonfire in the village square and tables full of potatoes and sausages prepared according to the traditional recipes.
- October: San Luca.
In the early Middle Ages the small center belonged a the state called "Terra Burrelenzis". Its first feudal lord was Rodolfo di Cartinacio in the 13th century followed later, and up to the abolition of the feudal system in the early 19th century, by the Del Monaco family.