Miranda, Province of Isernia, Molise
The village rises on a small hill at the foot of the Mount Pietrereil, covered wth a beautiful forest of oak trees called the "Bosco of San Leo".
Provinces of Molise
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 860 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 1000 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 86080
- Phone Area Code: 0865
- Patron Saint: St. Antonio, celebrated on June 13.
What to see
- The church of Santa Maria Assunta, with inside sculptures by Colombo.
- The Chapel of Santa Lucia.
- In August an important art and photography exhibition is held.
It belonged to the countdom of Isernia in Lombard times, to pass then to the Countdom of Molise under the Norman and Swabian occupation. The first feudal lord was Andrea d'Isernia, belonging to the most powerful family in the region. In 1445 the lordship passed to the Di Somma, and in the 17th century to the Caracciolo family, while the last lords at the time whan the feudal system was suppressed in 1806 were the Dei Medici.