Colli a Volturno, Province of Isernia, Molise
Provinces of Molise
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 408 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 1300 inhabitants in 2018
- Zip/postal code: 86073
- Phone Area Code: 0865
- Patron Saint: San Leonardo, celebrated on November 6
- Frazioni & Localities: Casali, Castiglioni, Cerreto, Colle, Fonticelle, Raddi, Santa Giusta, Sterparo, Valloni.
What to see
- Parish Church of San Leonardo, built in the Middle Ages but restored in 1720 in the baroque style
- The tunnels of the Roman Aqueduct, near Ponte Rio Chiaro
- Excursion through the Valle Porcina, the ancient "Vadu Porcinum" of the Lombards, in search of the renowned porcini mushrooms.
- First week in November, San Leonardo, with the biggest cattle fair in the Upper Volturno Valley
- Sant'Antonio Abate, January 16
- San Silvestro, December 31.
The name refers to the existence of two previous settlements which were then abandoned by their inhabitants who moved to the area of the present town. In the Middle Ages Colli rose around a giant rock on top of which there was a fortress built by the monks of San Vincenzo al Volturno in defence of their monastery.