San Giuliano del Sannio, Province of Campobasso, Molise
Provinces of Molise
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 631 m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 1000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86010
- Phone Area Code: 0874
- Patron Saint: S. Nicola di Bari on 9 May
- Frazioni & Localities: Acquasalsa, Canale, Fontana Cappella, Gambolongo, Pescullo, Santo Ianno, Tomoliccio.
- A beautiful tradition of the place is the Feast of San Nicola on 8 and 9 May, with a parade of "fucilieri" (men with rifles) in full uniform, accompanying the procession with the statue of the saint, and the "cepalliate", typical pastries filled with amarene jam.
What to see
- Church of San Rocco, with a tall, beautiful belltower.
In its territory there are traces of pre-Roman settlements, but the earliest historical information dates back to the Lombard period, when San Giuliano was part of the "Gastaldato di Bojano" and later of the Molise county.
Under the Angevin domination its lord was Amerigo di Sus, then in 1306 was a fiefdom of Guidone di Molino. Other feudal lords were later the Sanframondo, Di Capua, Carafa, Longo and Severino families.