Ferrazzano, Province of Campobasso, Molise
The small town rises on a picturesque, rocky hill covered with pinewoods, overlooking Campobasso in distance.
Provinces of Molise
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: m a.s.l
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 3000 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86010
- Phone Area Code: 0874
- Patron Saint: S. Antonio on 13 June
- Frazioni & Localities: Ferrazzano, Mimosa-Poggio Verde, Nuova Comunità.
Ferrazzano is situated on the area of the ancient Samnite town called Ferentinum, which was conquered by the Romans in 269 BC and included to the municipio of Sepinium. In the Middle Ages a number of feudal lords followed one another, such as the Caldora, Di Sangro and Carafa.
What to see
- The Castle of Girolamo Carafa, built in the 16th century, with two round towers.
- The Parish Church of the Assunta, 13th century, originally in Romanesque style, still preserves an ancient pergamon and a baptismal fountain built on a Roman column.