Casalciprano, Province of Campobasso, Molise
Provinces of Molise
Other Italian Regions
- Territory: mountainous
- Population: about 600 inhabitants
- Zip/postal code: 86010
- Phone Area Code: 0874
- Patron Saint: San Cristanziano
- Frazioni & Localities: Masserie Tedesci, Valli
- The "ruzzola" game, which is a wooden cylinder on which men run and compete around the town, usually in the Carnival period.
- The "maitunate", rhyming songs sung on new Year's Eve in the homes of friends and relatives.
History - Antiquity
History - The Middle Ages
Under the Anjous, Casale Cipranorum was ruled by the d'Evoli family who gave it in the 16th century to the Mazzacane, followed by the de Raho. In 1735 don Gaetano de Leto Duke of Polignano married Nicoletta de Raho of Casalciprano, and the De Leto family kept the fiefdom until 1805.