Contrada, Province of Avellino, Campania
In a valley between the Faliesi and the Butani Mountains, Contrada is located along the ancient road of Due Principati. Very typical of the place are the handmade baskets made out of chestnut-tree wood.
Provinces of Campania
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 420 m a.s.l
- Territory: hilly
- Population: about 3000 inhabitants in 2017
- Zip/postal code: 83020
- Phone Area Code: 0825
- Demonym: contradesi
- Patron Saint: St. Michele Arcangelo celebrated on 8 May
- Frazioni & Localities: Varosano.
What to see
- The church of San Giovanni Battista, dating back to the 15th century
- The church of Carmine, built in the 17th century, with a wonderful ceiling.