Serrata, Province of Reggio Calabria, Calabria, Italy
The little town lies surrounded by plantations of olive trees in a valley near the border with the Vibo Valentia province. The old name was Casale di Borrello, and became an independent municipality in 1809.
Follow us on Facebook
Other Italian Regions
- Altitude: 286 m a.s.l
- Population: about 900 inhabitants in 2011
- Zip/postal code: 89020
- Phone Area Code: 0966
- Patron Saint: St. Pantaleone, celebrated on 27 July.
Where to stay
What to see
- Many beautiful palaces in the historical center, among them the Renaissance D'Agostino and Cuccomarino, Candida, Gagliardi and Soraci palaces.
- The Palazzotto, where the legend says an elf lived that obliged all the tenants to abandon the building.
- 3 km from the center, in the area called Montorno, there are the ruins of the ancient Norman settlement of Borrello.