Later on other lords were the Pandone, Cicinello, Carafa and Della Quadra families. In 1633 Carpinone was sold to Pesche, and the two places had a common political history in the following centuries. In 1748 it was bought by the De Riso family, who were the last feudal lords of the place.
Carpinone, Province of Isernia, Molise, Italy
This ancient borough rises on a hill surrounded by woods and derives its name from the Carpino river, north of the town.
Altitude: 656 m a.s.l -- Territory: hilly -- Population: ca. 2000 inhabitants -- Zip/postal code: 86083 -- Phone Area Code: 0865
Under the Lombard dominion Carpinone was part of the Countdom of Isernia and later of the Countdom of Molise. In 1281, under the Anjou, it was a fiefdom of Tommaso d'Evoli. in the following centuries many different families followed one another, among them the Caldora, who built the fine castle, which was their favorite mansion.
What to see
Genealogy and Links
Follow us on Facebook: