Lapio, Province of Avellino, Campania, Italy
Lapio is an agricultural center in the heart of Irpinia, in a valley on the left bank of the Calore river.
Its name comes from the adjective lapideus, meaning "stony" and is already mentioned in a document of 894 AD. Since the year 1000 the town followed the events linked to the Filangieri family, who owned it for about seven centuries, until 1806, the year when feudalism was abolished.
Altitude: 500 m a.s.l Territory: hilly * Population: ca. 1800 inhabitants -- Zip/postal code: 83030 -- Phone Area Code: 0825 * How to reach it: Autostrada Napoli - Bari, exit Avellino East, at 8km from the main road of Ofantina, towards Chiusano * Frazioni & Localities: Arianello, Casale Monaci, Cerreto, Cortejoanna, Tognano
What to see
Where to stay
Follow us on Facebook: